Please consider becoming a member of the North Louisiana Civil Rights Coalition. Our mission is to “To promote and provide assistance in the collection, documentation, and dissemination of information regarding the Civil Rights history of Northern Louisiana.” We are presently recording the oral histories of those who have lived through the civil rights era in North Louisiana.
We are working with the City of Shreveport to restore the old Galilee Baptist Church that formerly enslaved Africans built. Dr Martin Luther King spoke to Shreveport from her pulpit. Our Capital Campaign is dedicated to seeing this sacred space hold the treasures of the past.
Our education department is involved in community presentations and the showing of “Beyond Galilee,” a documentary by T. D. Antoine and Joey Kent. We are available to work with community organizations, schools and anyone who wants to learn from our past.
NLCRC Annual Membership Application
- Corporate Membership — $250
- Nonprofit/NGO Membership— $150
- General Membership — $30
- Student Membership — $15
All donations are tax deductible under IRS §501(c)(3).
Become A NLCRC Member Today And Enjoy A Year of Exclusive Benefits:
- Access to local and regional exhibitions, tours, and programs
- Opportunities to speak with individuals about their civil rights stories
- Advance notice on special events and programming
- Connection to diverse history and cultural groups
- Subscription to the NEW! NLCRC electronic newsletter